Saturday, September 5, 2009

About time I set this up...

With 24 days to go, I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and get started with the information flows.

The goal of this blog is to share my experiences in the Peace Corps and in Turkmenistan where I'll be teaching English for the next two years. I hope you'll enjoy these stories from Central Asia, and that I'll finally have a blog I actually keep updated.

I also now have my mailing address. Please send me letters, starting now! They take about 4-6 weeks to get there, so letters sent now will probably arrive about 2 weeks into my training when I'll likely really, really need your encouragement!

US Peace Corps/Turkmenistan
P.O. Box 258, Krugozor
Central Post Office
Ashgabat, 744000
Ted Hogeman
TURKMENISTAN

Türkmenistan Aşgabat, 744000
Merkezi poçta
abonent 258, Krugozor
Parahatçylyk Korpusy, Türkmenistan
Ted Hogeman
TÜRKMENISTAN

Via Istanbul


Some tips: Please number your letters to me, as the mail system can get kind of wonky, and that way I'll know if I'm receiving letters out of order! I'll also have occasional access to e-mail while I'm there, but I really appreciate snail mail too. Also, be sure to write via Istanbul on all letters and packages, or else it goes through Moscow, and they're more likely to snoop through it. If you're sending me care packages, you'll want to include an inventory of what you're sending, and possibly wrap the box in colored tape, so that way I'll know if anything is missing.


And I'll try to send as many Turkmen postcards back in return as I can!!!

1 comment: